Citrus Mahi Mahi Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless mahi mahi fillets, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons achiote or annatto paste (or 1 tablespoon chili powder)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 oranges (1 juiced; 1 halved and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 6 bay leaves
- Corn tortillas, warmed, and assorted toppings, for serving
Put a large piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet; arrange the fish fillets side by side on the foil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Combine the achiote paste, lime juice, orange juice, oregano, cumin, scallions, chile powder, vinegar and brown sugar in a blender; pulse until smooth. Pour the mixture over the fish and turn to coat using tongs. Scatter the thyme sprigs and bay leaves over the fish, then top with orange slices. Cover the fish with another piece of foil and crimp the edges to tightly seal. Marinate in the refrigerator, 1 to 4 hours.
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 475 degrees F. Transfer the fish to the oven and bake until tender, about 25 minutes. Remove the herbs and orange slices. Serve the fish in tortillas with assorted toppings.
Charred Spring Onions
Trim 2 bunches spring onions; halve lengthwise, if large. Cook in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until tender and blackened, 5 to 8 minutes. Cut into pieces and sprinkle with lime juice and salt.
Photograph by Andrew Purcell
More Recipes and Ideas:
Seared Mahi-Mahi with Saffron Risotto and Mango Sauce, Mahi Mahi Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwiches), Mahi-Mahi with Orange Beurre Blanc Sauce, Baked Ham Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Smoked Pork Recipes, Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Flank Steak Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.