Cold Peanut-Sesame Noodles
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces flat Chinese egg noodles
- 3/4 cup strong brewed green tea
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup roasted peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1 -inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- Chopped fresh cilantro and peanuts, for topping
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs, then drain.
Meanwhile, make the sauce: Combine the green tea, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and peanut oil in a blender. Add the sesame seeds, chili-garlic sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; process until smooth.
Toss the noodles with the peanut sauce and carrots in a large bowl. Chill about 1 hour. Top with cilantro, peanuts and more sesame seeds.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.