Crudite with Infused Olive Oil and Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 anchovy fillet, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 2 strips orange zest
- Assorted vegetables for dipping, such as sugar snap peas, bell peppers, blanched asparagus, steamed artichokes
1. Coarsely chop and mix together the rosemary, thyme, garlic and anchovy, if using. Sprinkle in the salt and mash into a slightly chunky paste using the flat part of the knife. Place in a small pot with the olive oil and warm over low heat until fragrant and sizzling, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Warm the vinegar, sugar, pepper flakes and zests in another small pot over low heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved and the vinegar is steaming, 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Transfer the oil and vinegar into separate small serving dishes and serve with assorted vegetables for dipping.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.