Deviled Portuguese Grilled Lobsters
- 4 1 1/2 -pound live lobsters
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 pound linguica (Portuguese sausage), finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups panko (coarse Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Prepare the lobsters. Preheat a grill to medium.
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until the fat begins to render, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour about half of the butter-oil into a bowl and keep warm; leave the sausage in the skillet. Add the panko to the skillet; cook, tossing, until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, chives and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Brush the lobster tails and cavities with some of the reserved butter-oil; season with salt and pepper. Firmly pack the breadcrumb mixture into the cavities and onto the tails; drizzle with more of the reserved butter-oil.
Place the lobsters on the grill shell-side down; cover with a disposable aluminum pan and cook until the shells turn red and the stuffing is crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemon wedges and the remaining butter-oil for dipping.
Photograph by Yunhee Kim
Thank you! your flag was submitted.