Five-Spice Pork With Roasted Oranges and Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli, florets roughly chopped, stalk peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 2 -inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small orange (unpeeled), cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the broccoli, onion, ginger, garlic and orange with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a shallow baking dish. Set aside.
Pat the pork dry and sprinkle all over with the five-spice powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and sear, turning, until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
Add the pork to the baking dish with the broccoli-orange mixture and roast until a thermometer inserted into the center of the pork registers 145 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, return the broccoli-orange mixture to the oven and roast 5 more minutes. Serve the pork with the roasted broccoli and orange wedges.
Per serving: Calories 329; Fat 15 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 92 mg; Sodium 951 mg; Carbohydrate 17 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 34 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Pork Chops with Long Hots and Yellow Bell Peppers, Chili Marinated Double-Cut Pork Chops, Grilled Pork Chops with Lemon Shallot Chutney, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Easy Shrimp, Easy Casserole, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.