Garden Bean Salad
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15 -ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 pound green and/or wax beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground pepper
Soak the diced onion in cold water, 10 minutes.
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green and/or wax beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the beans, then plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again, pat dry and add to the salad. Marinate at room temperature, tossing occasionally, about 1 hour.
Before serving, stir the parsley and chives into the salad and season with salt and pepper.
Photograph by Con Poulos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Black Bean Salad with Fresh Corn, 2 Terrific Salad Sides: 3 Bean Salad and Potato Salad with Sweet Red Pepper and Onion, Hearts of Palm, Black Bean, Red Onion and Corn Salad, Heart Healthy Recipes, Greek Salad Recipes, Spaghetti Squash Recipes, Spinach Recipes, Pasta Salad Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.