Garden Bean Salad
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15 -ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 pound green and/or wax beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground pepper
Soak the diced onion in cold water, 10 minutes.
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green and/or wax beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the beans, then plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again, pat dry and add to the salad. Marinate at room temperature, tossing occasionally, about 1 hour.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine