Green Chile Quiche
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 4 .25-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep-dish piecrust, thawed
- Paprika, for sprinkling
- 1 5 -ounce package mixed salad greens (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven; set a baking sheet on the rack and preheat to 400 degrees F.
Whisk the eggs, milk, heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk in the scallions,chiles and cheese. Pour the mixture into the piecrust and sprinkle with paprika. Place on the hot baking sheet in the oven and bakeuntil golden brown and set, 25 to 30 minutes.
Toss the salad greens in a large bowl with the olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Cut the quiche into wedges and serve with the salad.
Photograph by Justin Walker
Recipe Courtesy of Food Network Magazine