Grilled Panzanella Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved
- 6 scallions
- 2 large bell peppers (any color), quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 10 -ounce loaf ciabatta or semolina bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup torn fresh herbs (basil, mint and/or parsley)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced salami, cut into 2-inch ribbons
Preheat a grill to medium high. Make the dressing: Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl.
Brush the grill with olive oil. Put the tomatoes in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill cut-side down until slightly charred, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet.
Put the scallions, peppers and zucchini in the same bowl; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush the bread with olive oil. Grill the bread and vegetables until charred, about 2 minutes per side for the bread and scallions and 4 minutes per side for the peppers and zucchini. Transfer to the baking sheet and let cool slightly.
Cut the scallions, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes and bread into bite-size pieces; transfer to the bowl. Add the herbs, salami, dressing and any juices from the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
Per serving: Calories 431; Fat 20 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 29 mg; Sodium 1,066 mg; Carbohydrate 50 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 15 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
"Ono-lishious": Grilled Sesame Chicken Satay Papaya Salad with Hoisin Balsamic Vinaigrette, Grilled Avocado, Tomato, Red Onion Salad, Grilled Corn and Chipotle Pepper Salad, Leg of Lamb Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Steak Salad Recipes, Eggplant, Fruit Salad Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.