Herbed Tuna Steaks
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped
- 6 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 3 scallions
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1 -pound center-cut tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Coarsely chop the rosemary, thyme and scallions. Transfer to a small bowl and mix with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Season the tuna all over with salt and pepper and put in a shallow dish. Coat with the herb mixture on both sides; cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the tuna and sear until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Photograph by Anna Williams
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse