Meatloaf Quesadillas with Cilantro Cream
- For the Cilantro Cream:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 teaspoons green hot sauce
- For the Quesadillas:
- 2 cups leftover Mini Skillet Meatloaves, crumbled
- 1 14 .5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 8 -inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Make the cilantro cream: Puree the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce in a blender until smooth.
Prepare the quesadillas: Mix the meatloaf, beans, scallion, cumin, cayenne, and salt and black pepper to taste in a bowl.
Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, then top with one-quarter of the meat mixture and another 1/4 cup cheese. Top with another tortilla and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining butter, tortillas and filling. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the cilantro cream.
Per serving: Calories 922; Fat 49 g (Saturated 25 g); Cholesterol 150 mg; Sodium 1,414 mg; Carbohydrate 77 g; Fiber 9 g; Protein 40 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.