Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
Simple basics weeknight dinner. There's a mixture of pork and turkey to keep it meaty and flavorful. But you can use all ground turkey if[ you like. The football shape is perfect for a game night.]
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish, optional
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 medium red onion, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Gently combine the pork and turkey by hand in a large bowl. Stir together the oats, 2 tablespoons of the ketchup, 1/2 tablespoon of the mustard, the soy sauce, oregano, egg whites, onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until combined. Add the oat mixture to the meat mixture and combine by hand until just incorporated.
Form the meatloaf mixture into 4 small football-shaped loaves, about 4 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick, and place on the prepared pan. Stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup and 1/2 tablespoon mustard in a small bowl. Brush some of the ketchup mixture on each meatloaf.
Bake until fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Garnish with additional fresh oregano if desired, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay