Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
Simple basics weeknight dinner. There's a mixture of pork and turkey to keep it meaty and flavorful. But you can use all ground turkey if[ you like. The football shape is perfect for a game night.]
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish, optional
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 medium red onion, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Gently combine the pork and turkey by hand in a large bowl. Stir together the oats, 2 tablespoons of the ketchup, 1/2 tablespoon of the mustard, the soy sauce, oregano, egg whites, onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl until combined. Add the oat mixture to the meat mixture and combine by hand until just incorporated.
Form the meatloaf mixture into 4 small football-shaped loaves, about 4 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick, and place on the prepared pan. Stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup and 1/2 tablespoon mustard in a small bowl. Brush some of the ketchup mixture on each meatloaf.
Bake until fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Garnish with additional fresh oregano if desired, and serve.