New York Deli Snack Mix
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
Close your eyes and think pastrami on rye with mustard.
- 4 cups crisp corn cereal, such as Corn Chex (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 4 cups kettle cooked potato chips (about 3 1/2 ounces)
- 2 cups lightly crushed rye melba toast (about 3 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespooon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 2.8-ounce can French fried onions (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 6 ounces beef jerky, cut into bite-size pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toss the cereal, potato chips and melba together in a large bowl. Whisk the butter, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic powder, mustard powder, brown sugar, coriander, allspice and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Pour the sauce over the snack mix and toss to coat well. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the mix is toasted and almost completely dry, 16 to 18 minutes, tossing about halfway through.
Remove from the oven and stir in the onions and jerky. Let cool completely, and then store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.