Pork Chops With Bean Salad
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 pound mixed green and wax beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 15 -ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot or 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
Whisk 2 cups cold water, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon each sugar and salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Prick the pork a few times with a fork, then soak in the brine 15 minutes; remove and pat dry.
Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green and wax beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 minutes. Add the bell pepper and corn; cook 1 minute. Drain the vegetables, rinse under cold water and pat dry. Transfer to a bowl and add the kidney beans.
Season the pork with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
Wipe out the skillet; heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook 3 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and cook until absorbed. Whisk in 1/2 cup water, half of the parsley, the mustard, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and salt to taste. Simmer 3 minutes, then toss with the vegetables. Add the remaining parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: Calories 370; Fat 12 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 79 mg; Sodium 276 mg; Carbohydrate 28 g; Fiber 12 g; Protein 37 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Giant Pork Chops with Sweet Peach Barbecue Sauce, Teriyaki Glazed Pork Chops and BBQ Chicken, Kentucky Colonel Barbecue Pork Chops, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Pork Roast Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Salisbury Steak Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.