Pork Chops With Mushroom Gravy
- 4 1/2 -inch-thick bone-in pork chops (2 to 2 3/4 pounds), fat trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces cremini or white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, whites sliced, greens cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cornbread, for serving (optional)
Season the pork chops with salt and pepper; sprinkle all over with 1 1/2 tablespoons flour. Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, add the chops and cook until golden and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side, adding 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet between batches. Transfer the chops to a plate and keep warm.
Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in the same skillet; add the mushrooms, garlic, scallion whites and a pinch of salt and cook, without stirring, until the mushrooms begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon flour and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft, about 3 more minutes. Stir in the chicken broth and sour cream, bring to a simmer and cook until the gravy thickens, about 1 more minute.
Per serving: Calories 362; Fat 21 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 97 mg; Sodium 361 mg; Carbohydrate 9 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 31 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani
Thank you! your flag was submitted.