Pork Chops With Peach Sauce
- 1/3 cup peach jam
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant flour, such as Wondra
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg white
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 1/4 -inch-thick boneless pork loin chops (about 1 pound), trimmed
Cook the jam, ketchup, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and 3 tablespoons water in a large skillet over medium-high heat, whisking, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the vinegar, then the butter, a few pieces at a time; whisk in a few tablespoons water if the sauce is too thick. Remove from the heat and cover.
Whisk 1 cup flour, the baking powder, 1/2 cup water, the egg white and the remaining 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce in a bowl; add a few more tablespoons water, if needed. Put the remaining 1/2 cup flour in a shallow dish. Heat 1/4 inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 375 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer.
Dredge the pork chops in the flour, then dip in the batter. Fry until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with the peach sauce and green beans.
Per serving: Calories 553; Fat 26 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 77 mg; Sodium 336 mg; Carbohydrate 51 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 31 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani
Thank you! your flag was submitted.