Pork Tenderloin with Charred Tomato-Jalapeno Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 small onion wedge, with root end attached
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1. Prepare a grill for high heat cooking. Brush the grill grate with oil. Grill the tomatoes, jalapeno, and onion, turning frequently, until the vegetables are charred all over. When cool enough to handle, stem and seed the jalapeno (leave the seeds in for a hotter salsa), and trim the root end from the onion. Chop the vegetables with a knife or pulse them briefly in a food processor. Stir in the cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Meanwhile, brush the pork with oil and sprinkle with chile powder, salt, and pepper. Grill the pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork registers 145 degrees F, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Slice the pork and serve with the salsa.
Total Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 gram
Total Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Protein: 32 grams
Sodium: 212 milligrams
Cholesterol: 98 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Chile-Coconut Tomato Salad, Cajun Pork Tenderloin with Lambic Beer Sauce and Cheesy Spaetzle, Pork Tenderloin and Chorizo Fried Fondue with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Guacamole and Ancho Bbq Sauce, Barbecuing, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Tomato Soup Recipes, Roasted Tomato Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.