Pork Tenderloin with Eggplant Relish
- 3 mild frying peppers, such as Hungarian or banana, halved and seeded
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, halved (remove seeds for less heat)
- 2 medium Japanese eggplants (about 14 ounces total)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the broiler and line a broiler pan with foil. Broil the frying peppers, jalapeno, eggplants, scallions and garlic on the foil until charred, about 3 minutes per side. Cover with a damp towel to cool, then peel the peppers and eggplants. Squeeze the garlic from its skin. Roughly chop the vegetables and garlic and toss in a bowl.
Season the pork with the cumin and salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork; cook, turning, until golden, about 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, turning, until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 150 degrees F, about 8 more minutes. Set the pork aside.
Add the lemon juice to the skillet, then add the eggplant mixture and paprika; warm through. Season with salt and pepper and add the parsley. Slice the pork; serve with the eggplant relish and garnish with paprika.
Per serving: Calories 297; Fat 10 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 95 mg; Sodium 317 mg; Carbohydrate 16 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 37 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Lemon Salt Marinated Pork Tenderloin, Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Flageolet Ragout and Frizzled Brussels Sprout Leaves, Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Easy Chicken, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Low-Cholesterol Recipes, Healthy Grilling, Eggplant Casserole Recipes, Easy Brunch
Thank you! your flag was submitted.