Rainbow Bell Pepper Couscous
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
This super-easy side dish can be served warm, but it's also delicious chilled and served as a salad.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot or 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 3 medium red, yellow, green or orange bell peppers or a mix, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup whole wheat couscous
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add the garlic and shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add 2/3 cup water, the bell peppers, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the peppers just begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the couscous, immediately cover and remove from the heat. Let stand, covered, until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 7 minutes.
Transfer to a platter or large bowl and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.