Roasted Zucchini Flatbread with Hummus, Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Almonds
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 round, pocketless whole-grain pita
- 1/3 cup prepared hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 lemon, quartered, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the zucchini on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt; mix well and spread to 1 layer. Roast until browned and very tender, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
2. Warm the pita on a grill or griddle until nicely toasted, but still soft, and spread each with 1 heaping tablespoon hummus. Top each piece with 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese, 1/4 of the roasted zucchini, about 1/2 cup baby arugula, and 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped almonds. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.