Shrimp and Kale Pitas
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 15 -ounce can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 pieces pita bread, halved
Preheat the broiler. Whisk the yogurt, 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the cayenne in a large bowl. Add the kale and toss to coat; set aside at room temperature while you prepare the shrimp.
Toss the shrimp with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on a baking sheet. Broil until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes; let cool slightly.
Add the shrimp, chickpeas, tomatoes and red onion to the bowl with the kale; toss to coat. Stack the pitas on a plate and warm in the microwave, about 30 seconds. Fill with the shrimp-kale mixture.
Photograph by Justin Walker
Recipe Courtesy of Food Network Magazine