- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 Kirby cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- 4 whole-wheat pitas
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
Preheat the broiler. Soak the chopped onion in a bowl of cold water while you prepare the shrimp.
Toss the shrimp with the olive oil, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread in an even layer and broil until the shrimp are opaque, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Wash and dry the baking sheet.
Lay the pitas on the baking sheet and toast under the broiler. Cut the pitas in half and fill with the lettuce and shrimp salad.
Per serving: Calories 356; Fat 10 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 254 mg; Sodium 670 mg; Carbohydrate 32 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 35 g
Photographs by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.