Skillet Chicken and Artichokes
- 4 6 -to-8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 9 -ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and patted dry
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced Peppadew peppers, plus 2 teaspoons brine from the jar
Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a skillet until about 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, undisturbed, until golden on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes; turn and cook until the other side is golden, 2 to 3 more minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Wipe out the skillet and return to medium-high heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; when hot, add the artichoke hearts and red onion and cook, undisturbed, until golden in spots, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 2 more minutes. Add the garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
Return the chicken to the skillet and add the broth and olives. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Top with the parsley, feta, Peppadews and brine.
Per serving: Calories 364; Fat 16 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 112 mg; Sodium 586 mg; Carbohydrate 10 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 44 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani
Thank you! your flag was submitted.