Skillet Orzo with Tuna
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 14 -ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 14 -ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 5 -ounce can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and half of the scallions and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and oregano and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Stir in 21/2 cups water, the orzo, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and stir in the beans. Cover and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed and the orzo is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the bell pepper and continue cooking, covered, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tuna, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining scallions.
Per serving: Calories 489; Fat 10 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 15 mg; Sodium 448 mg; Carbohydrate 75 g; Fiber 8 g; Protein 24 g
Photograph by Justin Walker
Thank you! your flag was submitted.