The perfect make-ahead cocktail for a cold day, with the added bonus of making your house smell amazing. Add the alcohol at the very end to preserve its potency.
- 3 quarts natural apple cider
- One 2-inch piece ginger, peeled
- Two 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups gin
Special Equipment: cheesecloth
Pour the apple cider into a slow cooker. Tie the ginger, cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice and black peppercorns into a cheesecloth to make a sachet. Add the sachet, brown sugar and orange slices to the slow cooker. Set the slow cooker on high for 1 hour then reduce to low and continue cooking for another 4 hours. Add the gin just before serving. Serve in mugs.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved