Slow-Cooker Pork With Noodles
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 2 -inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 pieces star anise
- Kosher salt
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 head bok choy, roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Add the bok choy to the slow cooker; cover and cook about 20 more minutes.
Add the noodles to the slow cooker, making sure they are submerged. Cover and cook 10 more minutes.
Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred the meat. Divide the pork, bok choy and noodles among bowls, then ladle in some of the broth. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
Per serving: Calories 718; Fat 26 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 247 mg; Sodium 1,383 mg; Carbohydrate 38 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 75 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cajun Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork, Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork, Slow-Cooker Parmesan-Sage Pork Loin and Watercress Salad with Sliced Pears, Goat Cheese and Toasted Pine Nuts, Slow Cooking, Noodles, Easy Shrimp, Easy Casserole, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes