Smoked Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 6 -ounce package baby spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 14 -ounce can hearts of palm, drained and halved lengthwise
- 3 Persian cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 2 8 -ounce vacuum-sealed packages cooked beets, quartered
- 1 8 -ounce smoked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 4 whole-grain dinner rolls
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast until golden, 10 to 12 minutes; let cool slightly, then chop.
Meanwhile, make the dressing: Whisk the yogurt, blue cheese, shallot and 1 tablespoon water in a large bowl; whisk in another tablespoon of water if the dressing is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the spinach, tomatoes, hearts of palm, cucumbers and beets to the bowl with the dressing and toss. Add the chicken and toss again. Divide among plates and top with the walnuts. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the rolls.
Per serving: Calories 370; Fat 14 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 42 mg; Sodium 1,514 mg; Carbohydrate 46 g; Fiber 12 g; Protein 25 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos