- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heaping cups fresh corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar, depending on the sweetness of the corn (optional)
- 2 cups cooked lima beans, or one 10-ounce package frozen fordhook lima beans, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
- 4 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, and salt and season with pepper to taste. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the corn and sugar and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes. (If the mixture gets dry while cooking add a couple teaspoons of water.)
Raise the heat to medium-high, add the lima beans and marjoram and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and parsley and season generously with pepper. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.