- 2 slices whole-grain sandwich bread, torn into pieces
- 1/2 small onion, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, quartered
- 1/2 pound 93 percent lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound 90 percent lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon peach chutney or apricot jam
- 2 medium red-skinned potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 head broccoli (florets cut into pieces, stem peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Pulse the bread in a food processor until finely ground; transfer to a large bowl. Add the onion and carrot to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to the bowl with the bread and add the turkey, beef, egg and 1/2 teaspoon each curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix by hand until just combined. Shape into 4 small oblong meatloaves on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Mix the ketchup and chutney in a small bowl and brush over the meatloaves. Bake until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook 4 minutes, then add the broccoli florets and stem; cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 6 more minutes. Drain; return to the pot. Toss with the olive oil and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the meatloaves.
Per serving: Calories 367; Fat 15 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 123 mg; Sodium 459 mg; Carbohydrate 32 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 29 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.