- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for sprinkling
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 3/4 cup canned refried black beans
- 1/2 cup store-bought salsa
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- Thinly sliced romaine lettuce, for topping
- Diced tomato, for topping
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Place a pizza stone or upside-down baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured work surface into an 11-inch round. Transfer to a parchment-covered pizza peel or another upside-down baking sheet. Brush the dough with olive oil, then spread the refried beans on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Spoon the salsa over the beans and sprinkle with the cheese. Scatter the scallions and jalapenos on top. Slide the pizza and parchment onto the hot stone and bake until the crust is crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool a few minutes.
While the pizza is baking, combine the sour cream, half of the lime juice and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. In another bowl, toss the lettuce, tomato, and lime juice to taste; season with salt.
Top the pizza with the salad, then drizzle with the sour cream mixture and sprinkle with the cilantro. Cut into slices.
Photograph by Charles Masters