Toasted Orzo Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- Kosher salt
- One 3-inch strip lemon zest
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes, optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons small capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the orzo and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add 3 cups water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and the lemon zest and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the orzo is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. Transfer the orzo to a large mixing bowl, remove the lemon zest and let cool about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tomatoes, if using, feta cheese, parsley, capers, dill and lemon juice. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.