- 3/4 to 1 pound small fresh ravioli (meat and/or cheese)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Spread the ravioli on a baking sheet and freeze until hard, 20 to 30 minutes.
Dip the ravioli in the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Return to the baking sheet and freeze until hard, about 15 minutes.
Heat about 1 inch vegetable oil in a deep skillet until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F. Fry the ravioli in 2 or 3 batches, turning as needed, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain and immediately sprinkle with the parmesan. Serve with the marinara sauce.
Photograph by Andrew McCaul
Thank you! your flag was submitted.