Top Sirloin Hot Pot
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
Our Chopped Dinner Challenge this week was to use beef tip cap. We wanted to make it into a quick weeknight meal, something different than[ a traditional roast, so we cooked it in a simmering pot of flavorful Asian-inspired broth. Chopped Basket Ingredient: beef tip cap]
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- One 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Kosher salt and finely ground black pepper
- 12 ounces top sirloin steak, very thinly sliced by a butcher
- 2 cups cooked short grain rice
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small hot red chile, thinly sliced
- Kimchi, as needed
- Lime wedges, for serving
Heat the oil in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until golden, about 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the beef broth, 2 cups water, the soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Cut the steak into thin strips and divide among 4 serving bowls. Place 1/2 cup rice on top. Season the broth with salt and pepper, and then ladle into the bowls. Divide the cucumbers, scallions, chile and kimchi among the bowls. Serve with lime wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.