Tropical Avocado Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens
Creamy avocado and sweet pineapple get added zing from spicy jalapeno and ginger in this bold, refreshing dip.
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sweet potato, blue corn and plantain chips, for dipping
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Place the ginger, jalapeno and garlic on a cutting board. Using a large knife, chop the ingredients together until they are minced and well combined. Sprinkle the mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt and use the side of the knife to work the mixture into a coarse paste.
Transfer the paste to a medium bowl and add the pineapple, chopped cilantro, onions, tomatoes and avocados. Toss gently to combine. Add the lime juice and 3/4 teaspoon salt and toss again. Taste and add additional salt if desired. Transfer the salsa to a serving bowl and garnish with a few pieces of diced pineapple and cilantro sprigs. Serve with the chips.
Cook's Note: If you're making this salsa ahead of time, you can refrigerate it, covered, for up to 4 hours. When ready to serve, stir well, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.