Veggie Burger Pockets
- 2 large eggs
- 4 frozen veggie burgers
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 large whole-wheat pitas, warmed
- Pickles, for serving (optional)
Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with water by about 1 inch. Bring to a high simmer over medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute. Cover, remove from the heat and let sit 12 minutes. Drain the eggs and rinse under cold water, then peel and thinly slice.
Meanwhile, cook the veggie burgers as the label directs. Whisk the yogurt, garlic, paprika, 2 tablespoons water, and salt to taste in a small bowl. In a large bowl, toss the arugula, roasted red peppers, cucumber, olive oil, mint, feta, and salt to taste.
Cut 1 inch off the top of each pita to make an opening; stuff the pita strip inside the pita to reinforce the bottom. Stuff each pita with a veggie burger, some arugula salad and a few slices of hard-boiled egg. Drizzle with the yogurt dressing. Serve with pickles.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos