- 10 to 15 thin slices thin white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups red currants or other berry
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled, quartered if large
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 1/8 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold heavy cream, optional
The day before you plan to serve the pudding, line a 2 quart mixing bowl with plastic wrap. Line the plastic wrap with the white bread slices, trimming to fit so that the pieces fit together neatly. Save enough bread to cover the top of the pudding.
In a saucepan, combine the apple juice concentrate and all the berries. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the strawberries begin to soften, about 1 minute. Turn off the heat immediately.
Stirring, dissolve the gelatin in the water, then add the mixture to the berries and stir to combine. Spoon into the bread-lined bowl. Cover with remaining bread slices, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and slightly weight it down. Chill overnight.
When ready to serve, whip the cream with an electric mixer at high speed until it forms soft peaks.