Gingered Coleslaw with Golden Raisins
- 1 small head savoy cabbage, cored
- 1 large carrot
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger (from one 1-inch piece)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced garlic (from 1 small clove)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Shred the cabbage and julienne the carrot (cut into thin slivers). Combine in a bowl with the mayonnaise, ginger and garlic and mix well.
Heat the butter in a medium skillet over a medium flame. Add the raisins and cook until soft and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Mix the warm raisins into the slaw and add the vinegar and salt, sugar and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.