Blended Cherry Mojitos
- 1 pound bag frozen pitted cherries
- 2 cups crushed ice, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, from about 3 limes
- 1 cup citrus flavored rum
- 1 2/3 cups Lime Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- Lime wedges and fresh cherries, for garnish
- Lime Simple Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 limes, zested
Pour the mixture into chilled glasses and top with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wedges and cherries.
In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar, water, and lime zest. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool for 20 minutes. Strain before using.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.