Chipotle Shrimp and Arugula Salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (about 3 ounces) baby arugula or 1 small head butter lettuce, coarsely torn
- 6 large radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound medium-large shrimp, shelled and deveined
For the shrimp: Place the arrowroot in a small bowl. Gradually add the cider vinegar, stirring until the arrowroot dissolves. Mix in the jam, chipotle chile, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the shrimp. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss until almost cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the jam mixture to the skillet. Cook until the mixture is very thick and bubbling, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes. Toss the shrimp until thickly coated with the glaze. Spoon the shrimp over the salad and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Shrimp and Feta Salad, Arugula Salad with Seared Shrimp and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Vinaigrette, Grilled Spice-Rubbed Shrimp "Nicoise" Salad, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Broccoli Side Dish Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Spinach Salad Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Ratatouille Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.