Chipotle Shrimp and Arugula Salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (about 3 ounces) baby arugula or 1 small head butter lettuce, coarsely torn
- 6 large radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound medium-large shrimp, shelled and deveined
For the shrimp: Place the arrowroot in a small bowl. Gradually add the cider vinegar, stirring until the arrowroot dissolves. Mix in the jam, chipotle chile, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the shrimp. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss until almost cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the jam mixture to the skillet. Cook until the mixture is very thick and bubbling, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes. Toss the shrimp until thickly coated with the glaze. Spoon the shrimp over the salad and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Arugula, Avocado, Papaya and Jicama Salad with Pomegranate Dressing and Tortilla Chip Croutons, Grilled Shrimp and Feta Salad, Arugula Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette and Crostini, Salmon Salad Recipes, Arugula, Crab Salad Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Spanish Rice Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.