Chocolate Chip and Cinnamon Pizzelles
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the pizzelle iron
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat the pizzelle iron to medium-high heat.
Brush the pizzelle cooking surfaces with melted butter. Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter in the center of the pizzelle iron. Close the iron and cook until deep golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer the pizzelles to a cooling rack. Cool completely. Store the pizzelles airtight at room temperature.
Chef's Note: The batter can also be cooked in a preheated and lightly oiled waffle iron. Pour 1/2 cupfuls of batter into the waffle iron and cook for about 3 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis