Fusilli with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice (about 1 medium orange)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- One 8-ounce package gluten-free ancient grain fusilli pasta, such as TruRoots
- 3 cups chopped baby arugula
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/3-inch dice
For the vinaigrette: Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor and pulse to chop. Add the orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Process to a slightly chunky, relatively thick puree.
To assemble: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta together with the arugula, olives, basil, mozzarella and the vinaigrette. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen