Grapefruit, Onion, and Basil Salad
- 2 grapefruits, trimmed of skin and cut into large slices
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted chopped black olives
- 1 bunch basil, leaves thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place the grapefruit slices in a slightly overlapping pattern on a serving platter. Sprinkle the onion slices over the grapefruit. Then sprinkle the olives. Top with the basil and chives. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Per Serving (based on a 6-serving yield): Calories 129; Total Fat 8 grams; Saturated Fat 1 gram; Protein 1 gram; Total Carbohydrate 14 grams; Sugar: 8 grams; Fiber 5 grams; Cholesterol 0 milligrams; Sodium 214 milligrams
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Aarti Sequeira