Grilled Chicken with Apple-Mango Chutney
- 1 cup plain 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate (preferably organic), thawed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken cutlets
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 small red jalapeno chile pepper, finely chopped (see Cook's Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- One 5- to 6-ounce Gala apple, cored and cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 small mango, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/3-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
- Nonstick spray
For the chicken: In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, apple juice concentrate, vinegar, garam marsala, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 4 hours and up to 1 day. (You can also put all the ingredients in a resealable plastic bag.)
For the chutney: Stir the vinegar, preserves, chile pepper, salt, pepper, dry mustard, cloves and ginger in a medium bowl until the mustard dissolves and the chutney base is blended. Mix in the apples, mango and mint. Let stand up to 30 minutes before serving.
Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare the barbecue for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breasts (still coated with yogurt) on the grill. Cover and grill, about 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over. Cover and grill until the chicken is cooked through and feels firm to touch, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Let rest 5 minutes.
Place the chicken on a serving platter, and then spoon some chutney alongside the chicken. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Cook's Note: For a milder chutney, remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeno pepper.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay