- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the quinoa: In a medium saucepan, add the chicken stock, lemon juice and quinoa. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 12 to 15 minutes.
For the dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour the dressing over the quinoa and toss until all the ingredients are coated. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Total Fat: 18
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Protein: 13 grams
Total carbohydrates: 46 grams
Sugar: 1 gram
Fiber: 5 grams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Sodium: 176 milligrams