- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Four 4- to 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 packed cups fresh mint leaves (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 packed cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Cook's Note)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 a large lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
For the marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper flakes until smooth. Add the chicken and toss until coated with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. (Can also be made in a resealable plastic bag.)
For the pesto: In a food processor, blend the mint, spinach, cheese, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper until chunky. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil until smooth.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Spray the grill lightly with vegetable oil cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Grill the chicken until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Place on a platter and serve with the pesto.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.