Linguine and Prosciutto Frittatas
- 1/2 pound linguine pasta
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 6 ounces diced prosciutto
- 5 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, diced (1 cup diced)
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Special equipment: 1 regular-sized muffin tin for 12 muffins
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander. While the pasta is still in the colander, use kitchen sheers to cut the linguine into smaller pieces. The pasta should measure about 3 cups.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the muffin tin.
In a blender combine the eggs, milk, cream, and mascarpone cheese. Blend until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the cut pasta, prosciutto, mozzarella cheese, Asiago cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir until the ingredients are combined.
Using a 1/3 cup measure, fill each of the muffin tins until both the pasta and liquid are at the top. Bake until firm and cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 3 minutes before removing from the tin. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis