Pearl Couscous with Chicken and Peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups (about 7 ounces) pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast, chopped to yield 1 cup of meat
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the couscous and cook until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until the couscous is tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
Stir in the cheese, green onions, peas and chicken. Spoon into bowls and serve.