Pearl Couscous with Chicken and Peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups (about 7 ounces) pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast, chopped to yield 1 cup of meat
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the couscous and cook until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until the couscous is tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
Stir in the cheese, green onions, peas and chicken. Spoon into bowls and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Israeli Couscous with Celery, Scallions and Cranberries, Vegetable Couscous, Whole Wheat Israeli Couscous with Ratatouille, Mozzarella and Balsamic Vinaigrette, White Chicken Chili Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes, Thai Chicken Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes