Polenta with Gorgonzola Cheese
- 6 cups water
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces mild Gorgonzola, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Additional salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan. Add 1 3/4 teaspoons of salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal. Reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, you can switch to a wooden spoon for easier stirring.
Turn off the heat. Add the butter, cream and Gorgonzola and stir until the cheese melts. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the polenta to a bowl and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis