Spicy Parmesan Green Beans and Kale
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered (about 14 mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and slice into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale (1/2 pound), rinsed, stemmed, and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
Warm the olive oil in a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, green beans, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add the wine and continue cooking until the green beans are almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and the kale and continue cooking until the kale has wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and the Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.