Ginger Beef and Noodle Bowls
- 1 pound beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks or 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans (13 3/4 to 14 1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons mirin, or rice wine vinegar
- 6 cups cooked fresh Asian-style thin-cut noodles or unseasoned instant ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup matchstick-style shredded carrots
Cut steaks crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips; cut strips in half. Heat 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add ginger and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add half of the beef and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the outside surface of the beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining oil and beef. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
Add broth, green onions, and mirin to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, divide noodles and beef evenly among 4 large soup bowls.
Bring broth mixture to a boil over high heat. Ladle boiling mixture evenly over beef and noodles. Garnish with carrots.
This recipe was obtained from the National Beef Cook-Off website:
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Kristin Synder, HI