- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved
- 6 scallions
- 2 large bell peppers (any color), quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 10-ounce loaf ciabatta or semolina bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup torn fresh herbs (basil, mint and/or parsley)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced salami, cut into 2-inch ribbons
Brush the grill with olive oil. Put the tomatoes in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill cut-side down until slightly charred, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet.
Put the scallions, peppers and zucchini in the same bowl; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush the bread with olive oil. Grill the bread and vegetables until charred, about 2 minutes per side for the bread and scallions and 4 minutes per side for the peppers and zucchini. Transfer to the baking sheet and let cool slightly.
Cut the scallions, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes and bread into bite-size pieces; transfer to the bowl. Add the herbs, salami, dressing and any juices from the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
Per serving: Calories 431; Fat 20 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 29 mg; Sodium 1,066 mg; Carbohydrate 50 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 15 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos